PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PROS & CONS OF SD TUNING

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 01:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Adam, shame on you, that was the first thing i did for you, when you butchered, 'scuse me, ported your TB, i recalibrated your MAF
Old 12-18-2005, 10:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did butcher my TB...but not to the point where it cannot be fixed. I didn't "port" too much, so I will have a professional redo it. I will remove the epoxy from the IAT/AIR holes, as it makes my idle choke (fluctuate) for the first minute.

I gotta fix that the minute I have my hands on hptuners. Gasoline smell is not normal even cat-less. It's runing rich. I will try to get wideband for $200.
Car had 1000 miles driven on new setup, enough to "settle in" - tune is not perfect, simple is that. Not your fault. You did the best you could with no wideband. Unfortunately it's a must. Hptuners says it's perfect, yet my nose says "I smell gasoline"

Our way of hitting all cells while driving is not good enough. We had pretty much "all zeros" in the cells, yet it's rich as hell. That tells you it's no accurate at all. You simply cannot rely on stock o2 sensors. You stoichiometry (actual moles of Air consumed to moles of fuel burned) is not accounted for.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:56 PM
ESR
LS1TECH Sponsor

Default SD tune

Conleys performance in houston has HP tuners software for all gen III cars and trucks and also have the I , II,and III bar map applications with their tuner shop software. Give Jeff a call at Conley's 281-219-4343. Horist/other moderators before I get dinged for mentioning a non sponsoring shop. I know that Tony has sent the sponsor info and they should be on after January.

Originally Posted by foff667
I'd like to know how many shops actually will do a SD tune if requested & how much they charge. I charge the same price for either or.
Old 12-22-2005, 07:31 PM
Teching In

If you have a stock type car most will only set PE and timing tables, so a lot less work than a SD tune.

If you do a full tune, VE, than stopping at SD is easier you dont have to calibrate the MAF. Also MAF limits HP ie restricts flow on NA cars if more than basic mods.

For some they are concerned about emissions and if you remove (physicaly or logicaly)your MAF you will have failed the ODB II test as you have DTC codes set.