PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

low dyno #'s before/after edit (long)

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2002, 02:16 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default low dyno #'s before/after edit (long)

Hey all, still a newbie here trying to diagnose cause of low dyno #'s given the mods, and figured it was time to ask the experts on this one.

Fisrt the pertinent mods info:

* 2000 WS6/M-6
* Whisper lid/ ! hood baffles
* ASP U/D pullies
* LS6 intake
* Cartek stageII heads(2.02/1.57)
* TR55's @ 0.49
* Lunati T1
* LS1 Edit tuning
* Mac 1-5/8" headers(port matched)
* Custom built O/R pipes
* Mac Y-pipe
* GMMG exhaust
* Cartek disk/pp plate/f.wheel/adj.mstr.cyl.
* Motive 4:10's
* Bunch of other irrelitive suspension junk

Base line #'s with lid and catback on a 248H dynojet netted 310/319. Not bad for basically stock. No dyno #'s until "after" all above mods installed.

Baseline #'s after mods netted 372.8/373.4 seemed a bit low even for stock programing.

Here's the problem. Baseline #'s 3 weeks later at a different dyno(still a 248H dynojet)on the day of edit tune showed a loss in power netting 359.0/353.3 with no changes made, and very similar weather conditions(WTF?).

LS1 edit was able to get "back" some power netting 372.4/368.0 with A/F consistently @ 13:1 across the board, 28* timing and O2's/L-terms optimum. Still very low based on all things read IMHO.

So...back to the original dyno that baselined the 372.8/373.4 before tuning for comparison, and after three pulls, was showing another loss compared to the original #'s netting 359.7/353.6 even after edit....again WTF!??? We're talking aprox. 22 rwhp GONE, not to mention the very low #'s to begin with given the mods. Sorry about the long post, but I've been pullin' my hair out over this for weeks, and am about to fire bomb this pig. If anyone has ANY ideas/advice on what the prob. could be, it would be much appreciated. TIA!
Old 03-29-2002, 03:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: low dyno #'s before/after edit (long)

What kind of valve springs are you using and how many miles have you put on them?

I'm sure some experts will get in this thread to help out.
Old 03-29-2002, 06:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: low dyno #'s before/after edit (long)

Sorry, should've metioned that in the first post. Comp.Cams 918's, Comp.Cams moly p.rods,Comp.Cams "R" series lifters. Mods went on in November,....maybe 6k miles or so. Car runs good(no outward issues), just not making the #.
Looked at the plugs tonight....seem good. Might could be an injector issue(?), but the graph is smooth through the pulls. Still scratchin' my head......