PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm upgrading from A-Tap to EASE ?? Where best to get it?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2002, 05:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm upgrading from A-Tap to EASE ?? Where best to get it?

I'm trying to find a better windows based pc scanner ever since upgrading to XP. I've always hated Autotap for Windows .. the DOS version collected alot more data points per minute. However, now that I cannot drop or boot to DOS, I need a decent scan tool. I'm selling my A-Tap and gonna get Ease. I've seen all different pricing levels advertised here.. where can I get the best deal on a setup ..?
Old 04-14-2002, 11:08 AM
Teching In

Default Re: I'm upgrading from A-Tap to EASE ?? Where best to get it?

Me too...if I can help by being part of a GP on Ease, count me in.
Old 04-14-2002, 11:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Contact Team ZR-1 on here, he get's it for a small discount. He's a great guy.
Old 04-15-2002, 07:36 PM
8 Second Club

yup , get it from team zr1. can't be beat when it comes to knowledge of what they are doing!
Old 04-15-2002, 07:53 PM
Staging Lane

EASE is not WinXP friendly yet. I know...I just got mine and tried to get it to run on my Sony VAIO with XP home.

EASE support said they are making a version for XP but did not have a release date yet.

I got a couple errors and general protection faults when I tried to run EASE.
BUT...there is a way to get it running. The guy I bought EASE from had the same problem so he led me through it....
Right click on the EASE desktop icon and go to properties. Under the 'compatibility' tab select 'no themes' and then try the pull-down window for Win95....if it does not work try the pull down tab for Win98...then try WinNT then Win2000. Mine finally ran under Win2000 compatibility.

If you get a printer error you need to either re-install your printer drivers or remove them altogether. I just removed my printers from my laptop and solved this (for now!!).

Try John at TeamZR1. great folk...very knowledgable...

Good Luck!

Jeff
Old 04-15-2002, 08:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just curious, what is wrong with your atap and xp? is it just that you cannot use dos mode in xp? if so just install dual operating systems and boot to the other one to run atap... Hope this helps.. might save you $$ also
Old 04-15-2002, 09:33 PM
TECH Resident

I have my personal and pro Ease versions running on a 1 Ghz laptop with XP home.
Did not have to set to win95 just got rid of the themes and they work just fine.
Also the data logger functions OK to my pocket PC
Ease scanner.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by LS1pilot:
<strong>EASE is not WinXP friendly yet. I know...I just got mine and tried to get it to run on my Sony VAIO with XP home.

EASE support said they are making a version for XP but did not have a release date yet.

I got a couple errors and general protection faults when I tried to run EASE.
BUT...there is a way to get it running. The guy I bought EASE from had the same problem so he led me through it....
Right click on the EASE desktop icon and go to properties. Under the 'compatibility' tab select 'no themes' and then try the pull-down window for Win95....if it does not work try the pull down tab for Win98...then try WinNT then Win2000. Mine finally ran under Win2000 compatibility.

If you get a printer error you need to either re-install your printer drivers or remove them altogether. I just removed my printers from my laptop and solved this (for now!!).

Try John at TeamZR1. great folk...very knowledgable...

Good Luck!

Jeff</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

<small>[ April 15, 2002, 09:36 PM: Message edited by: Team ZR-1 ]</small>