PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Maft, Scanmaster and A/F help...

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2002, 09:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Maft, Scanmaster and A/F help...

I am having trouble reading it. My Scanmaster Ltrms are always above zero which means im lean?

I put on SVO 30#(37 on ls1) injectors so I would think im rich as hell without spray.

My 02 on recal is around 750-910 mostly high 800s. I am getting 3.4 knock retard often, and my ltrms are always ranging 0-14. depending how much throttle i give.

This is with my Maft set to -2% and 2% retarded..
Old 04-17-2002, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Re: Maft, Scanmaster and A/F help...

Let's take this one step at a time:

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by andy98Z:
<strong>I am having trouble reading it. My Scanmaster Ltrms are always above zero which means im lean?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes. If your LTrims are + during part throttle cruising, then you are lean at part throttle, and the PCM will ADD fuel at WOT to compensate. So you will likely be too rich at WOT.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"><strong>I put on SVO 30#(37 on ls1) injectors so I would think im rich as hell without spray.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not necessarily an accurate assumption.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"><strong>My 02 on recal is around 750-910 mostly high 800s. I am getting 3.4 knock retard often, and my ltrms are always ranging 0-14. depending how much throttle i give.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Are you talking about O2s at part throttle? Or full throttle? Your O2s are a poor indicator unless you are at full throttle.

You first need to reset your MAFT to zero for the WOT setting. Then richen your idle setting some (maybe 6% initially), and then drive the car around for about 40-50 miles (normal cruising). See how your LTrims look. Keep following this procedure until your LTrims are averaging about -5 or so (slightly rich). With this arrangement, your PCM will actually pull a little fuel out at WOT.

After getting the LTrims happy at part throttle, you need to measure the KR and O2s at WOT. If you are rich or lean, then you can try adjusting the WOT setting on the MAFT to compensate for the added injector size.
Old 04-18-2002, 07:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I did 0 and 2% rich. Then went to 0 and 0. My 02s are 915-930 and my ltrims move from -5 to 10?
Old 04-18-2002, 09:10 PM
TECH Regular

How much time are you giving between adjustments to allow your ltrims to stabalize? Need to give it some time.

Mark
Old 04-19-2002, 10:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Are you running a stock or ported MAF?
Cheers,
Chris
Old 04-20-2002, 01:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

MBA MAF housings