PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning not needed? Lucky guy inside...

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2002, 11:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tuning not needed? Lucky guy inside...

My friend and I did a dyno session this weekend just for grins. I'm now much more confident that my setup is working to my advantage.

My car: '99 Firehawk, ARE S1 heads, TR 224 cam, TTS headers, catalytic Y-pipe w/ SLP Loudmouth, TR MAF ends, S2 TB, no tuning. Right after the cam was installed, we took this dyno. I was rather pleased.

This weekend, I put down slightly lower numbers. Atmospheric conditions were almost exact and the same Dynojet 248C was used. This time, I Autotapped the runs and took a WB 02 sample. The session netted 394HP/373TQ. A/F measures settled to around 13.0 at 2700RPM, then leaned out a bit to 13.5:1 from 3500-4500, then hovered around 13.0:1 along the rest of the dyno pull (up to 6300RPM). I got a LITTLE bit of KR, but it could have been due to the gas, the heat, or the LARGE amount of chassis vibration from their dyno. That one struck me as a little odd. Anyhow, here's the Excel spreadsheet from one of my runs. Any hints/suggestions would be appreciated, but I don't think much tuning is needed.

<small>[ May 05, 2002, 11:58 PM: Message edited by: Imperator ]</small>