PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery/ electrical drain problem!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 12:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Battery/ electrical drain problem!

I have a 2000 SS and have recently been having problems with my Optima red top battery going completly dead, if the car sits for about a week or two.
The car is so dead there are no door chimes or headlights.
Anyway I got the battery replaced with a new one and did the whole pull the neg battery cable off and hook up a test light to the top neg terminal and to the Neg battery cable. I know that if the test light lights up I have a drain somewhere and need to start pulling fuses until the light goes out.

While, when I was doing so I left my power wire for my system dis connected, and I got no light from the test light. But once I hooked the power wire from my system to the battery and tried it, I got a light. I then pulled the radio/Acc fuse and the light was still on.
I pulled every fuse that was stereo related and still got a light.Anyone have any clue what else to do?
Old 12-30-2005, 07:29 AM
Staging Lane

If you have an amp disconnect power from it and then test
Old 12-31-2005, 10:43 PM
Launching!

Default short

i had same problem, my head unit had a short and its just enough not to blow the fuse but drained my battery over time. switched the power wire from hot source to ignition on circuit until i get a new radio.