PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to tune for rich/lean in ls1 edit??

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2002, 08:21 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to tune for rich/lean in ls1 edit??

going to be putting the tuning in tonight using ls1 edit for my car. It will have stage I heads/ hammer cam/ and full exhaust... before the install i was very rich and during the install of the heads/cam it was discovered that i had blow-by on the pistons.. so we put new rings in (thanks Joseph!) and cleaned up the pistons. So how do i use ls1 edit to get the car to run correctly!!?? Thanks
Old 05-21-2002, 02:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: How to tune for rich/lean in ls1 edit??

Preferenced is based upon 2 things:

1) MAF readings influence the load calculation used in setting A4 line pressure.

2) I've seen instances where it becomes less stable in WOT tuning, primarily in FI cars.
Old 05-22-2002, 12:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The easiest way to tune is first measure your LTRIMs. You can use the MAF table (increase MAF rate if you are lean, decrease if you are rich. You could also use the injector table to get them close if you are off by a lot. In theory if you did not change your injectors, you should not need to change this table. However, I don't like to make huge changes to the MAF table (10%<). Increase injector rate if you are rich, decrease if you are lean.

Then you need to dial in WOT. That is done in the Power Enrichment section, RPM table. Increasing the value adds fuel, decreasing the value leans the car out.
Old 05-22-2002, 12:18 AM
7 Second Club

Received 306 Likes on 206 Posts

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Ragtop 99:
<strong>However, I don't like to make huge changes to the MAF table (10%<). </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Is there a reason for this or is it just personal preference? Mine is scaled about 120% and up top it just goes so rich its not even funny, I can't seem to lean it out with the PE vs RPM table either. Could the higher scaled MAF table cause this? Maybe I should try adjusting my LTRIMS with my injector flow rates....

<small>[ May 21, 2002, 12:19 PM: Message edited by: Nic00Z28M6 ]</small>