PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

startup/idle prob after cam install...and lean???

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2002, 08:41 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default startup/idle prob after cam install...and lean???

I got the Comp xtreme grind 563/563 224/224 112 and have played around with the tb hole and set screw with no success. I didn't drill much at all. I'm now beta testing the edit for my 02, but have no idea how to do a few things. I saw that for auto cars you can adjust the in gear and park idle qualities, which would be cool because my prob is I have to get on the gas a bit durring warm startup then after 5 seconds I can let off and it runs fine. It only does this if it's warm...On a cold start it starts fine and doesn't stumble at all.

Part 2...I am throwing a blinking SES light that stops as soon as I press the throttle, I also get a solid ses light occasionally. The only code i'm throwing is left 02 bank 1 lean. I checked my ltrims and they are maxed out 25% at idle and come down as I get on throttle. my 02's read very diff. at wot as well...my left reads .88-.89 and my right reads .93-.94 accross the board. Could this be a bad 02??? I checked my injectors and they are fine. I also checked for a header leak and have none.

James

<small>[ May 22, 2002, 08:45 AM: Message edited by: tang_ta ]</small>
Old 05-22-2002, 02:18 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: startup/idle prob after cam install...and lean???

Blinking SES sounds like misfire detection. Change the paramaters (enable temp) so it never disables. You can delete the code - 0300 - also.

But first I would get the l-trim problem squared away - before any tuning is done it's good to make sure your car is in a general tip top tune state - otherwise you will just be band-aiding problems. First thing to try is to swap the left and right bank o2 and see if the problem follows the sensor (dead sensor) or stays with the bank (exhaust leak, non-sealing valve, bad injector, no spark, etc.).

Quick Reply: startup/idle prob after cam install...and lean???