PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 Edit - 'invalid file. checksum error'??

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2002, 09:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 Edit - 'invalid file. checksum error'??

Downloaded my PCM program with LS1-Edit. This was a custom program from Superchips, loaded via their handheld programmer.

Went to edit the file, and got error message - 'invalid file. checksum error. Retried the whole process with same result.

Anyone seen this? Does it mean that Superchips program is 'locked', or some other explanation?
Old 05-22-2002, 10:08 PM
Super Moderator

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Re: LS1 Edit - 'invalid file. checksum error'??

Pretty sure it means something like that. Try emailing the .lsi file to Carputing to see what they can do.
Old 05-23-2002, 12:06 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It could mean that, but I wouldn't be so sure.

I've had this error a couple times. It means the file may have been corrupted (check-sum is a type of error checking). But, I think something else is going on.

I installed LS1-Edit in one login instance of my Operating System. I logged on in another instance and it would not load the file I have opened over and over again for reference.

In this instance, I think a registry setting that was likely missing since I was logged on as a different user kept the file from loading. I had the presence of mind to log back on as the other user and it worked fine.

I plan to report the bug to Carputing.

I had it happen one other time, but I can't verify what the conditions that may have caused it are.

I don't know why you get the error. It COULD be a way of locking you out of the program, but that's not positive...
Old 05-23-2002, 06:46 AM
Teching In

Cliff,
This does sound like te file is corrupt. I would expect to see a message like "Unknown PCM", or "I have not tested with this file type". not checksum error if the file is locked.
Old 05-23-2002, 06:48 AM
Teching In

Cliff,
This does sound like te file is corrupt. I would expect to see a message like "Unknown PCM", or "I have not tested with this file type". not checksum error if the file is locked.
I would try to read the PCM again, and watch for com errors while reading. If you send me a copy of the file, I will look at it.

Ken

Quick Reply: LS1 Edit - 'invalid file. checksum error'??