Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 ECU function question

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 11:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 ECU function question

2002 LS1. Hinson mounts. Hinson harness (stock harness with wires for MIL, etc. extended and labeled).

I've got an ignition switched live wire connected to the red wire to the ecu. I grounded three eye hole things to the chassis. Ran a ground from a head to the chassis (just for testing). Tapped the orange/black wire from mazda B1-20 for the CEL/MIL. Grounded that wire, and the CEL turns on. Connected it to the ECU, and the CEL stays dead. It's as if the ECU isn't on. I'm guessing that on startup, like most cars, it flashes the MIL to indicate that it's functioning. Cycling power to the ECU doesn't make the CEL turn on.

However, there's an electrical noise coming from the alternator area. I presume the exciter (single red wire connected to alternator) wire is telling the alternator to provide charge, since my battery is low.

What I want to know is, is there any other way to check if the ECU is working? Also, which ground is used by the ECU? I'm pretty sure I'm just missing a ground to the ECU, since my power line works (tested).

Also, is there anywhere where I can get a wiring diagram for the LS1?
Old 01-02-2006, 11:48 PM
Staging Lane

To the mod that moved this here: Thanks. Didn't see this forum.
Old 01-03-2006, 01:28 AM
Staging Lane

Realized Orange PCM memory wire is not connected. I believe this is the reason for the lack of CEL functionality.