PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

MAFT tuning????

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2002 | 02:57 PM
Teching In

Default MAFT tuning????

MAFT tuning ???????
I've been toying with Getting my car tuned with my new TR ported MAF ends and MAFT and this is where I am. I have the MAFT base setting at 10% rich and the WOT setting at 6% rich. LTtrimsB1 and B2 fuel trim cells 0 - 17 never get above 3.1% at cruising speeds with the exception of acceleration. There is no pinging at WOT and my 02's hover around .88 - .90. There is a slight bit of knock retard but it never goes over 2 degrees and is not constant throughtout the RPM's so I think it may be false knock. Today it wasn't very HOT so I don't know how it will respond in extreme heat. My questions are as follows:

1. Do those LTtrims at cruising speeds look good? Like I stated above they don't get any higher than 3.1% but seldom go negative while cruising.

2. Is there an acceptable amount of KR or should it be 0 degrees at all times?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.... I'd like to get my tune straightened out ASAP. I feel like I'm beating the **** out of my car doing WOT runs trying to get this right.
Old 06-04-2002 | 03:49 PM
TECH Regular

Default Re: MAFT tuning????

I'd go one more click rich on your cruise maft and get those numbers down a little. 0 to slightly negative is where you want them.

I shoot for .88 with 0 KR at WOT. Keep the carbon build-up out of your engine, run 93 octane, 180 thermostat and lower fan settings and you'll be fine.

Some will tell you that a little KR is ok, IMO it isn't. Shoot for 0! www.installuniversity.com has a good article on identifying the cause of KR and eliminating it.

Mark
Old 06-04-2002 | 05:46 PM
Teching In

Don't you mean go up to 15% rich???? How will my base setting affect my WOT setting? If I richen up my base setting will I in turn be able to lean out my WOT setting??????????????????
Old 06-05-2002 | 11:13 AM
TECH Regular

Yeah, I'd try going one more setting rich. Yes, you'd want to check your WOT after that and may need to adjust.

Mark
Old 06-05-2002 | 02:31 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Check out and print up this site. It has a lot of in depth info that's very helpful.

http://www.vetteguru.com

You can also check out www.ls1info.com
Old 06-06-2002 | 05:27 PM
Staging Lane

5.slowklr new user name DolfanZ28 same as LS1.com

I moved the base switch to 15% rich and moved the WOT switch to 0 and have driven about 50 miles since. My LTtrims are now always negative -.8% and –1.6% and never lower than –2.3% and were consistently -.8% and –1.6% while cruising on the highway. They do hover right around 0 at part throttle but shoot down when I’m cruising and off the gas peddle (-5.5% and as high as –6.7%). Is that normal??? If so I think I have a pretty good tune and can start re-adjusting my WOT switch which now looks surprisingly rich.