PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone using POWERLOADER that TTS sells?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2002, 09:40 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone using POWERLOADER that TTS sells?

I'm looking for unbiased info on TTS's POWERLOADER, and also MAFT LS1 edit and autotap. I'm buying longtubes,y-pipes and high flow cats and want to make sure I have everything I need to do it right.
Old 06-07-2002, 02:38 PM
Teching In

Default Re: Anyone using POWERLOADER that TTS sells?

I have the TTS PowerLoader, a MAFT, AutoTap, Ease Diagnostics, and LS1 Edit (whew! I really did spend all that money on these things). I can tell you with out a doubt the best combination to get is the Ease Diagnostics to analyze your engine, and LS1 Edit to make modifications.

The PowerLoader is a lot of hype. Plus you have to wait FOREVER to get it from TTS.

AutoTap is okay for obtaining the data but Ease is far superior. Better interface and better connection.

If you decide to use a MAFT (which works quite well) you will still need Ease to obtain the data. You will also need to get data from your PCM if you use LS1 Edit. The main advantage of using LS1 Edit is there are so many things that you can control (engine, tranny, fan on/off temps, etc) that you can't with the MAFT.
Old 06-07-2002, 04:01 PM
Teching In

I have read that LS1 edit is pretty technical and you can do alot of damage if you don't know what your doing. Does it provide the values you should be running so you know what is off and what needs to be adjusted or are you supposed to be smart enough to know it yourself?
Old 06-09-2002, 09:39 AM
Teching In

ttt
Old 06-09-2002, 10:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steve Cole (TTS Powerloader) and Ed Wright (Fastchips) both due excellent custom programming. The knock on Steve always has been slow turnaround times. The knock on Ed is you have to send him your PCM, but he will get it back to you very quickly, and he will work with you until he gets it right. IMO, Autotap and a MAFT are both excellent tools, but they do have their limitations. The MAFT allows you to adjust your WOT A/F ratios, and to get your LTRIMS in line. But it tunes across the entire RPM band- there is no way to adjust for a lean/rich condition that occurs only in certain RPM ranges. LS1 edit is an excellent tuning device, but in the wrong hands is dangerous. If you don't trust yourself with LS1 Edit (I know I don't), your best bet is to find a shop with LS1 Edit that does dyno tuning. More and more of our sponsors (on the right) are developing this capability every day, and are seeing excellent results.
Old 06-10-2002, 02:49 PM
Teching In

Badas is right! You can get in a lot of trouble with LS1 Edit. That's why I use Team ZR-1 (www.teamzr1.com). John Rovner is very knowledgeable and knows how to get the most out of the LS1/LS6.

After he has fine tuned your car, you can still tweak some settings yourself if you have LS1 Edit. Or, you could have a summer flash file and a winter flash file with different settings for temperature. With your own LS1 Edit you have much more flexibility.