PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting started ?`s (comp. tuning)

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2002, 01:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting started ?`s (comp. tuning)

I` ve made the decision to get into computer tuning game (not as a buisness, just my own car) and was wondering if someone could give me a few tips to get me started. Here are some of my immediate questions:

(1) What is the minimum system requirements needed to run programs such as LS1 Edit? (I`m probably going to be buying a used/older lap top to run tuning programs exclusivly, nothing elese)

(2) What kind of patch cords, connections, cables etc. will I need to buy and where do I get them?

(3) What is the versatile program out there at this time and will I be able to use it for my `02?

(4) Is there literature out there to teach or help understand how to read/understand/use these programs? Or, are there instuctions included with each that will help someone just getting started?

Well , I guess that`s it. Any help with getting me on track would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 06-09-2002, 08:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Getting started ?`s (comp. tuning)

You can change the computer with LS1Edit from Carputing. They only sell direct and can tell you the miniumum system for LS1Edit. It comes with cable.

To read your engine computer and record what is going on, you need either AutoTap or EFILive. Cable is included. ATAP can run on an old DOS computer; I don't know about EFILive. EFILive appears to be a better program, but ATAP is commonly used and relatively cheap.
Old 06-10-2002, 08:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Getting started ?`s (comp. tuning)

Thanks for the info Ragtop. Anyone else have some thoughts??