Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weird problems!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2002, 02:32 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird problems!!

Ok, so when the car is cold.. and i first start it up.. the idle seems to fluctuate from 700-800 back and forth.. and the temp gauge moves with it.. it moves from 100 degrees to aprox. 130... once the car is warm.. it doesnt do it anymore.. Also, it almost died on me today.. at idle.. the revs just started to drop.. not running rough.. just dropped.. when i hit the gas, it seemed to stumble but recovered.. and then its fine after that.. It did it to me while driving today, driving down my street, first was fine, then i shifted to second.. going about 25.. and when i hit the gas is 2nd, it stumbled then recovered.. and its been fine every since... I took it to my shop and put a scanner on it.. no codes.. and everything seems to be fine.. Also, getting a ticking from the passenger side of the car.. i can hear it inside the car, but its heard better from either under the car, or through the passenger front fender well.. Just had headers, plugs, and wires put in.. When its cold, i dont seem to hear the tick.. but it quickly comes back when the car is warm.. its annoying.. Sounds like either a leak, or loose plug wire arcing.. Its consistant and rythmic.. making me think its an exhaust leak... HELP!!!!
Old 06-10-2002, 09:35 PM
TECH Resident

Default Re: Weird problems!!

anyone??
Old 06-11-2002, 01:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hmm.. i would double check those the wire connections... maybe u aint gettin a proper spark? or it could be a bent push rod?i hear those go alot on our cars. about being cold.. thats a though one.. maybe your altenater is gettin weak.. maybe even the batterie.. if u have a charger just put that on over night and see if it helps.. thats all i can think of. hope this helps
Old 06-11-2002, 05:59 PM
TECH Resident

The ticking could possibly be from your check valves fluttering. A common occurance after header installs. Do you have the restrictor plates installed?
Old 06-11-2002, 06:30 PM
On The Tree

Idle Speed: From the symptoms you describe; it sounds like your PCM is correcting idle speed based on it's input from your coolant sensor. I would look into that area first.

Ron