Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAF vs. Frequency Calibration table

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2002, 01:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAF vs. Frequency Calibration table

I adjusted my MAF table in LS1edit so now my Lterms are down to around 16% and not at a permanent 25%. Since I have the SLP calibrated LS6 85mm MAF I noticed later that the MAF vs. Frequency Calibration table is the same as the stock unit. Shouldn't there be a higher Flow Gm/sec vs. frequency since I have a larger MAF and more air would be passing through? However at the same time I would be getting more air the velocity of the incoming air would be lower because of the larger opening. I found a table for a stock uncalibrated LS6 MAF and all the numbers in that table were lower than the stock LS1 table. But we multiplied the entire stock table by 115% and that's what brought my Lterms down to around 16%. I would think that multiplying it by a higher number would bring my Lterms down to where they should be. But I'm not really sure and don't really want to damage my engine by guessing. Also if I want to tune this table for WOT what frequency would you start at for tuning. If there even is a certain frequency you should start at. Or is there another table that would be best for WOT tuning. At least I'm not getting an SES light anymore.

<small>[ June 13, 2002, 01:56 AM: Message edited by: 99 TA ]</small>
Old 06-13-2002, 09:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: MAF vs. Frequency Calibration table

The MAF v. Frequency table is where you correct for a change in MAF. I would bring your LTRIMs down further.

WOT A/F is tweaked in the Power Enrichment RPM table.

Quick Reply: MAF vs. Frequency Calibration table