PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LTFT imbalance while in FTC 22 causing a bad lean condition. Help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2002, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LTFT imbalance while in FTC 22 causing a bad lean condition. Help!

What causes the LTFT and Injector Pulse Width to be unbalance between bank 1 and 2 while in Fuel Trim Cell 22? I am sure that the injectors are pulsing based on the unbalanced LTFT (B1+10.2) and (B2+1.6). Needless to say the B2 O2 is very lean while B1 O2 is fine.

I am using a screened Pace MAF, MAFT, FTRA, and a LS6 intake. With my old ported stock MAF and LS1 intake I had the MAFT set at +15% and WOT set at +4% on cold nights and WOT set at 0% on hot days. This kept my LTFT locked at 0 while at WOT and all was fine. Last night at the track with the new setup (LS6 intake Pace MAF and MAFT set at +15/0) the LTFT were locking at 0 but I was way rich at WOT. I ended up setting the MAFT if -8% WOT to get the O2s right at .9. Before the LS6 intake was installed while using the LS1 intake, FTRA, Pace MAF and MAFT the MAFT was set at +15/0 to get the O2s in check. IAT was between 88 and 95 degrees during all the above scenarios.

Now today I removed the MAFT and did more testing. After resetting the PCM I drove around for over an hour and 50 miles and the LTFT is very unbalanced while in FTC 22 and as a result the injectors are pulsing at different rates (1ms difference). While NOT in FTC 22 the LTFT are +/- 3.9 bank to bank and the injector pulse width is similar bank to bank.

So to sum it all up… while at WOT (FTC 22) B1 LTFT is locked at +10.2 and B2 LTFT the locked at +1.6 causing a lean condition and knock retard.

How do I fix it?

I guess I could try the setup with my old ported MAF and see how it does. I really would like to get the Pace MAF setup working correctly for no other reason other than it more accurately meters the air flow than the ported stock MAF (I think).

Thanks

John

<small>[ June 15, 2002, 04:26 PM: Message edited by: JNorris ]</small>
Old 06-17-2002, 07:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: LTFT imbalance while in FTC 22 causing a bad lean condition. Help!

ttt