PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

dyno tuningw/MAFT on a humid day.

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2002 | 10:29 PM
Teching In

Default dyno tuningw/MAFT on a humid day.

I tuned my car via a chasis dyno with the MAFT.
We did a wideband air/fuel. Stock setting car was running 12:1, After tuning we took -6% at WOT for an air/fuel of 13:1, Then we took out -8% and the air/fuel was 13.5:1 and did't make any more power, so we went back to 13:1.My question is will the car run even leaner on a not so humid day. Will I Have to compensate by adding more fuel??

As much input would be appreciated.
Thanks
Old 06-20-2002 | 02:20 PM
On The Tree

Default Re: dyno tuningw/MAFT on a humid day.

I pose another question to you... when you dyno a car on a chasis dyno... do they use some way of simulating air coming into the front of the motor like it would see going down the highway... If not... is this not an sort of unrealistic view of what is happening... since you would be getting a little ram air type affect when going say 70 or 80 MPH..... Just wondering...
Anyway... I would think that humidity would tend to richen up the mixture a bit as the moisture is taking up space in the air mixture... and on a dry day you have more oxygen.. which is what you want...
Old 06-20-2002 | 08:54 PM
TECH Resident

You need to scan that sleepin Z while you're driving on the street to know for sure.
Old 06-24-2002 | 09:47 PM
TECH Addict

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by JimTA:
<strong>You need to scan that sleepin Z while you're driving on the street to know for sure.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">ditto that