Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FAST XFI information please???

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 09:05 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FAST XFI information please???

Hey guys i figured this would be the place to come for some info regarding the FAST XFI system for my car. I'm building a 1995 Camaro Drag car with a 383 LT1, SBC manifold/Accufab throttle body with 2 stages of nitrous and was wondering about the FAST XFI system for my application. My specific questions would be that if I bought this system do they make a completely standalone harness that plugs directly into the XFI box and then to all the sensors on the engine/optispark/etc.... I looked at the perfect circuit harnesses they sell but they seem to be more stock PCM based like taking an LT1 out of a camaro/firebird and putting it AND the PCM into a hotrod or older car.. nothing about a completely standalone setup....

And if anyone is using this system how do you like as opposed to Gen VII DFI and other systems.... Any info is appreciated..... thanks.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:15 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 572BBC4thgen
Hey guys i figured this would be the place to come for some info regarding the FAST XFI system for my car. I'm building a 1995 Camaro Drag car with a 383 LT1, SBC manifold/Accufab throttle body with 2 stages of nitrous and was wondering about the FAST XFI system for my application. My specific questions would be that if I bought this system do they make a completely standalone harness that plugs directly into the XFI box and then to all the sensors on the engine/optispark/etc.... I looked at the perfect circuit harnesses they sell but they seem to be more stock PCM based like taking an LT1 out of a camaro/firebird and putting it AND the PCM into a hotrod or older car.. nothing about a completely standalone setup....

And if anyone is using this system how do you like as opposed to Gen VII DFI and other systems.... Any info is appreciated..... thanks.

Hello I actually just finished installation of the new XFI system on an LS2 turbo car. After working with FAST for a while to get the new system bugs worked out. The system performs flawlessly.

To answer your question when I installed the XFI on the LS2 the system had only been installed on a couple of LS2 applications at the time and they had to make several revisions to the wiring harness to fit the LS2 as the harness was labeled to fit LS1, LS6 and the new LS2. While on the phone sorting out the wiring with one of the Tech's he told me that they were finishing up the plug in harnesses for the LT1's and all the harnesses for the Ford camp guys. I am sure by now the harnesses are ready. I would just make a quick phone call to check if I were you.

The system is of a very simple layout based very very close to the same software layout as the original system. Very simple to tune just as the first system. It worked great on the gentleman's car when all the bugs were fixed.

As far as Gen7 or BS3 or the other mid range standalone stuff out on the market the FAST XFI is in the top of it's class. The tech support is second to none. They actually went as far as to get the chief engineer of the system on the phone to help sort through the issues we were having. Great system I give it a

God luck
Chris Macellaro
Old 01-09-2006, 10:29 AM
Staging Lane

Here are a few screen shots from the new system as you can see it uses the same basic format as the old system. You can also see on the shot of the global parameters screen it will run the LT1 optispark.

Chris Macellaro
Attached Thumbnails FAST XFI information please???-fig8-2.gif   FAST XFI information please???-fig8-3.gif   FAST XFI information please???-fig6-1.gif  
Old 01-09-2006, 12:49 PM
9 Second Club

Thanks for the info mac, yeah i'm going to give them a call to find out the pricing on the specific harness that I need. Does the system have wideband capability for the base price or is that an extra feature????
Old 01-09-2006, 03:18 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 572BBC4thgen
Thanks for the info mac, yeah i'm going to give them a call to find out the pricing on the specific harness that I need. Does the system have wideband capability for the base price or is that an extra feature????
Your welcome friend
I like the new system I think you will enjoy it also.

I believe the price is included in the new system but please do not quote me.

Chris Macellaro
Old 01-11-2006, 02:01 PM
Banned

I would go to www.superiorharnesscompany.com they can get you the same harness for less the money and on problem
Old 01-18-2006, 11:45 AM
Staging Lane

They do make an LT1 specific stand alone harness,and all XFI system come standard with the WB 02
I can get you a price on a system,Pm me if interested

I haev been running an XFI in my Buick since before it was released,we were invloved with initial testing.There is alot of neat features being made for it now.Read y other post too see some of these that are exclusives to us.