Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Test Your Witts Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2002, 11:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Test Your Witts Please Help

Hello I am new to the board But have Basic Know how when it comes to the ls1.

My car Ran 13.6 at 106.4 when it was stock with 27,000 miles on it. Last Year. After I raced I put a Gran Air Lid and Mass Air meter On. I raced again and Ran 13.7 at 106.1 I then added a Vig 2800 Stall and Comp cam 212-218 Cam. Car Ran 13.3 At 103mph.
Next I Had Custom Tuning Done To remove My TM and Change Shift Points, Fans Ext. And put on Hooker Long tubes with a cust. Offroad Ypipe
And 26-9.5-16 Hoosier Quick Time Pros
I Raced again and ran 12.84 At 104.2
Ok at that point I Am getting Sick of my low MPH.

So Last Week I Ordered Ported Heads and A custom Cam. From Brian at HiTech Auto in Ramsey Minnesota. (Brian has built Many ls1 motors Including Al Corda's 01 trans am that runs 10s

I Got the car Done and drove it. It is slow. I raced my friends car that runs 13.4 at 104 and he pulled on me a some. Now I have all the faith in the world in Brian but. He can't get to my car right away.

Note: going by my snap on scan tool after heads. my o2 read 880, my lt fuel is with 2. my timing is at 28 with no kr.

Note2: I unpluged my mass air meter and drove car It made no diff. at all. Not even a check engine light

Please Help the new guy.

Thanks
Steve
Old 07-01-2002, 05:49 PM
Teching In

Default Re: Test Your Witts Please Help

Do you think My programing is screwed up? If I have Brian put it back to stock Programing, will The Torque Man. Give Me a huge Lack of Power? Will my car Hit the Fac Rev Lim.
I Don't Know I just know that I am getting the blues About this.
Old 07-01-2002, 06:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well if your car runs the same with the MAF unplugged, and is not throwing a code... I'll test my car, but I'm 99% sure I thru a code with the MAF unplugged.

I'd venture to guess the programming deleted the code. What other important codes got deleted? Hmmm... I'd get back to stock Programming, then reprogram. IMO.

Chuck the GMAF. More people have more problems with MAF changes than anything else on these cars.
Old 07-02-2002, 12:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Lots of people run slower with a GMAF than a stock MAF.

You will LOSE MPH when going to sticky, soft tires.

Have you reprogrammed your PCM? I coulda swore I thru a code when I forgot to plug my MAF in. When your MAF is not giving readings to the PCM, it goes into "limp-home" mode. This would explain a huge lack of power.
Old 07-02-2002, 12:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Opppsss.. I re-read your post and saw you HAD reprogrammed the PCM.

If I were you, I would return the programming to stock and try again. And start with a stock MAF.