Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

auto tap???

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2002, 02:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default auto tap???

i want to know what version is best for our cars?? is it the EFIliveV5setup. and what is with this version 2.0, i dont understand. i want it just for the ls1. now is the efIlivev5setup version one. i am really confused. and you can download the programs from the autotap website right. but i just need cables. to hook up to my laptop right and then it will work. so i can do this for free maybe. i know someone who can get me the cables. please someone explain this to me. thanks
Old 07-03-2002, 05:15 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: auto tap???

AutoTap V1.x is the current version of AutoTap that people have been using for years.

AutoTap V2.x is the new version of AutoTap which is available soon.

Both the software AND hardware interfaces are different between AutoTap V1.x and Autotap V2.x. Although with the PC version of AutoTap V2.x you can still use the V1.x interface cable.

EFILiveV5 is a high-speed scan tool software package designed for the LS1 powertrain. It operates using EITHER the V1.x or the V2.x AutoTap hardware interfaces.

If you use EFILiveV5 with the AutoTap V1.x hardware you do not get bi-directional controls.
If you use EFILiveV5 with the AutoTap V2.x hardware you do get bi-directional controls.

If you own an AT1/AT123 V1.x or V2.x interface you can purchase just a software registration (no extra hardware needed) to enable you to use EFILiveV5 with your existing AT1/AT123 V1.x or V2.x interface.

EFILiveV5 is a completely self contained scan tool but currently is only available for the LS1 powertrain. If you want to use any other vehicle you will need to get AutoTap.

Hope that helps.
Paul

<small>[ July 03, 2002, 09:08 PM: Message edited by: EFIliveV5 ]</small>

Quick Reply: auto tap???