Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help w/ injector tuning and LS1 edit

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2002, 12:26 AM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help w/ injector tuning and LS1 edit

I have been working on this for a while, but haven't got it completely worked out yet. Any help you can offer would be highly appreciated, here goes:

I have a 1999 chev Silverado 5.3 that came with 21.6 lb injectors. The truck fuel rail keeps a static pressure of 58#s (I think). My Ls1 file had a value of 273 in every cell in the injector scaling. I changed to a set of 99 LS1 injectors (26.4 lbs.) and calculated out a value of 3.33 for the injector scaling. That much worked out properly, but I know I need to make a change to the injector offset. My ltrims change alot with higher MAF flow and TPS range. At idle, they are ~-10%, but wil light throttle, they come up to ~-5%. I referenced a 99 C5s LS1 file, and imported its injector offset table. Things got a little better. BUT, my offset table had the same value down every column, where the C5s ofset the numbers got a little larger down each row. I tried making my value the same as the C5s 0 load cell.

Things still aren't right. I started w/ my stock LS1 file, changed the scaling and the offset, but did nothing to the MAF or anything else. I am running about 10% rich, where I was a few degrees lean before the swap. What would you do to tune this properly?

I want to get the injectors tuned in correctly before I can start addressing other problems (part throttle ping under load, high knock @ WOT).

Thanks for helping
Richard