Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

power loss problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 11:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power loss problem

Hello I have a 01 Z/28 that has a stalling or dieing out problem only under forward motion (any g force) it runs great idels fine and drives perfectly till you step on it and then it starts to go and either cuts off and on or just dies out completely. the engine is all stock with just rockers and valve springs internaly, it has a sts trubo on it and it worked fine while on the dyno but the second it has momentum forward i run into this problem. it did set a code for the fuel pump circuit so the fuel system and oil system are rewired with relays but the problem still exists. i did notice that the dash goes dead when it happens for a second and then relights. any help would be great!!!!!!!!!!!!
thanks in advance
jess
Old 01-14-2006, 12:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The battery/starter/alternator cable my be chaffed and worn thru, and when it moves it may short out, or the battery ground cable is loose/corroded.
Old 01-15-2006, 11:23 AM
Teching In

if this is the case would it set the fuel pump relay code? that is the part that has me stumpped!!!!
Old 01-16-2006, 05:16 PM
Teching In

Well I checked all the connections Ground and battery cables and i cleaned some up but it still has the same problem. It runs great did a burnout and at the top of the burnout it lost power and then came back. after heating the tires a bit i launched the car and just as it starts really making power with the turbo it blows all the pressure and stalls then starts from to charge again and stalls again. it is not dieing out but just dropping to about 500 to 1000 rpm then taking off again. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!! I just want to get this fixed so I can feel the 500 hp and 500 lbs torque it made on the dyno. Also it did not have this problem on the dyno at all it is just when the car gets moving forward.
any and all help or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Old 03-29-2007, 01:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Stalling

Originally Posted by cgas55
Well I checked all the connections Ground and battery cables and i cleaned some up but it still has the same problem. It runs great did a burnout and at the top of the burnout it lost power and then came back. after heating the tires a bit i launched the car and just as it starts really making power with the turbo it blows all the pressure and stalls then starts from to charge again and stalls again. it is not dieing out but just dropping to about 500 to 1000 rpm then taking off again. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!! I just want to get this fixed so I can feel the 500 hp and 500 lbs torque it made on the dyno. Also it did not have this problem on the dyno at all it is just when the car gets moving forward.
any and all help or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Did we diagnose this problem yet??? What was it?