Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HPP III Removal

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 05:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HPP III Removal

I have a HPP III, which I will be selling. I don't know if its linked to my car. The problem is I have H/C with tuning and don't want to screw up that with plugging this in. I have no idea if the HPP was left on the car before the H/C and would it mess-up current tune if I plugged it in to check.
Old 01-15-2006, 06:03 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

Well if you just link the HPP3 up with the car it should let you know if it has been installed on your car...Are you asking if removing the HPP3 tuning will affect the "other tuning" you have? Meaning you don't know if you had your car "tuned" with the HPP3 already on the car? And now you are concerned about removing it and it having ill affects? Just trying to understand.
Old 01-15-2006, 06:17 PM
11 Second Club

I had the Hpp3 tuning on the car (3yrs ago) and I don't remember if I took it off. I want to make sure that its not linked to my VIN, If I plug it in would it screw up the current tune? If it is linked(HPP3) would it screw something up if I tried to take it off and the computed was already re-flashed(LS1-Edit)
Old 01-15-2006, 06:25 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

Somebody else will have to verify this or you could search it but, I believe all the HPP3 did was copy the high octane tables to the low ones and added some timing- which I would'nt think would greatly affect the rest of your tune. Just get somebody to confirm this.
Old 01-15-2006, 06:36 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks, I e-mailed HPP tech support. I don't want it screwing up the tables.
Old 01-16-2006, 04:35 PM
gwj
TECH Addict

Location: Live Oak, FL - in the woods where the creatures lurk.

When you hook it up, after the self-test, if it has been
locked to your VIN, it will say "......has been installed
(your VIN# here). If so, you are screwed, as far as
selling it. But it will just refuse to do anything, AFAIK.
Good luck with Hypertech, though.
Old 01-16-2006, 04:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the other problem is ... when you restore to stock, it restores the tables back to whatever was put in before the HPP3 was installed... so if those tables were modified by your tuner... then your tune will be off

I would contact whomever tuned your car, and askt hem if it'd be possible to have the car reflashed (they should have kept the tune for your car so there shouldn't need to be any work other than hookin up the software and flashing) ... if they can do this... then you should be able to restore it back tos tock (I would do this at the tuner place just before they reflash) with the HPP3,which will effectively unlock the HPP3... then have your tune reflashed and sell the POS (Hpp3)