Sponsored by:

Injector offset.xls

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2002, 04:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Injector offset.xls

ok I go to the spreadsheet.

page 1 there are 9 data points on the top labled ford factory lightning table. I took data from this doc http://carprogrammer.com/Z28/PCM/Injector/injectors.htm and from the same data points for the lucas 42's replaced the data in that table so my table reads

6 8 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
6 1.44 0.26 0.13 0.1 0.07 0.03 0.03 0.03

So now I have a new offset model. Changing the above numbers also changed the y= blah blah blah numbers, so down in b29-ac29 I changed the formula to reflect those new numbers as it appears these cells are calculated via that formula.

Doing this I get negative numbers in the begining of the table and huge numbers in the end as in AC29's value is 219. this ends up giving me both negative and incredibly huge offset numbers in my final table.

Where is my logic on how to use this spreasheet failing?

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-02-2002, 12:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Injector offset.xls

On the second page the first step was to put in the ford data - then I curve fit it to an equation. Then I plugged in the ls1 voltage spacing in that equation to get offset values for the ls1 voltage spacing.

The first page second tabl automagically pulls those values and fills an ls1 chart with them.

The Lucas injector offset info on that link uses a different voltage spacing, so will be a little different to interpolate. As an example I did one manually to show how.

The offset values themselves seem a bit suspect to me though - they aren't actual manufacturer data, but rather are what someone used with success.

You can try them - but my suggestion would be to contact lucas, RC engineering, etc. and see if you can get some real data - once we have hard data of some form to work with fitting it to the ls1 format is much easier.

But as an exercise here is what I derived using that data

http://ls1edit.slowcar.net/iotest1.xls

Chris

Quick Reply: Injector offset.xls