PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

? Adjust PE tables first or MAF tables?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2002, 08:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? Adjust PE tables first or MAF tables?

What's the correct way to tune an LS1 first? Get the LTFT slightly negative then adjust the PE tables, shift points, etc?

I've adjusted my MAF table but after a couple hundred miles worth of driving, it's running slower and the throttle response isn't the same. Plus (and to me this is the proof!!) my track times have slowed way down. The first week after adjusting the MAF, I was running consistent 14.42 at ~103-104. Two weeks later, I was running 14.52 on a day that wasn't as hot and the humidity wasn't as bad as the first day.

Should I go back to the stock MAF settings then tune the PE tables or write this off as just two different days?
Old 09-05-2002, 09:55 AM
Super Moderator

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Re: ? Adjust PE tables first or MAF tables?

Have you rechecked the LTrims since playing with the MAF tables? I would ATAP and ensure they are correct (say 0 to -5 at cruising).

Do you have a non-stock MAF? If not, then why tweak the tables?

You are correct though, tune for part throttle first, then tune for WOT in the PE table.
Old 09-05-2002, 11:40 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ? Adjust PE tables first or MAF tables?

I have a stock MAF but after the first AutoTap run, we found that my car was running very rich at the dragstrip and on the street. That's why we changed the MAF to start.

I'll let you know whether or not the LTFT's are still ok. Plan on doing that tonight. I'll post back plus send you an email with the logs.

Thanks