PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Ls1 Edit Idle Problems.. How to fix stalling/no start with big cam

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2002, 04:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls1 Edit Idle Problems.. How to fix stalling/no start with big cam

Guys i know this has been beat to death, but i still cannot find the answers im looking for anywhere.

I have a hotcam and ls1edit, and although ive raised the idle and it is a little better, it still will not start without giving it gas, and it still stumbles sometimes. Idle is already at around 875 rpm across the board, i hate to raise it more. Is there something like Less timing, or changing the IAC park position to 0 that might help? What about changing the fuel at idle?

My iac counts are great, ive drilled the TB out and raised the idle screw. Ltrims look good also. Car is a A4 with a 2800-3000 stall converter. I'm wondering if the Ed Wright could fix this. People that have had their PCM custom tuned, do you have this problem still? I've seen a few responses that say there is no way to fix the Hot start problem, but im not giving up yet. ;-)

The hotcam isnt even that big!
Thanks,
Shane
Old 09-30-2002, 09:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Default Re: Ls1 Edit Idle Problems.. How to fix stalling/no start with big cam

dude, i have the SAME FREAKIN PROBLEM with the comp 224 112 cam. its tuned and i brought it to speed inc and they said theres really nothing they can do for the start. it starts fine the first 10 times after an idle relearn, then goes back to its old ways. wtf?
Old 09-30-2002, 09:57 PM
Teching In

PROBLEM SOLVED! see my other post.. basically you just set your IAC park position HIGHER, and i also raised my IAC IN gear by about 30%.

Now it starts and idles BEAUTIFULLY even when its hot and a/c is on. I was even able to lower my idle back in the 700's with NO PROBLEMS.

I think i set my IAC PARK to 21 for any temp above 24, and raised the IN gear by 30%.. let me know if you needm ore specifics@!
Old 09-30-2002, 10:01 PM
Teching In

see my other post, i fixed it... IAC in park needs to be set to around 21 above 24 degrees. IAC in gear i raised by like 30%