Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LC1 Power

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 07:59 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LC1 Power

Anyone have a writeup or explanation of how to hook up an LC-1 and power it from a cigarette lighter like an LM-1? I don't understand why an LM-1 can run off a cig lighter and not have any ground issues but an LC-1 may or maynot have ground issues. I need to be able to use this in multiple cars and in the gto's sometimes it's a PITA to get to the o2 connectors. The ideal way honestly would be to have a setup that could do either or. Use stock o2 connection or cig lighter. That would be awesome!

Any ideas or recommendations?
Old 02-02-2006, 10:22 AM
Staging Lane

nobody has any input on the lc-1 being wired to a cigarette lighter? Nobody has tried this?

That sucks...
Old 01-22-2007, 07:54 PM
On The Tree

I remember seeing something or someone do this and I am only running accross your post because of the search.

I cant find the post I read someone do this
Old 01-22-2007, 08:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

all I did is went to radio shack, bought the 2 ends required for the cigarette lighter (male and female types)

Then wired the plugin to a wire that only received power when the key was in... then connected the ground for the LC1 to the ground for the cig lighter, and positive to positive... no write up but it's not difficult at all... red to red, black to black, badda bing badda boom

now if you plan on uising it multiple cars all you need is the cig lighter piece you plug in, and just hookup the 2 wires for power....

for multiple cars the LM1 is a better choice however

as for grounding issues... just be sure to check what the offset is first and then factor that into your AFR calculations