Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

big brother black box

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2002, 08:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default big brother black box

I am visiting a friend in southern Florida and he has aked me to seek a solution to the "big brother" black box which tells the GM tech that he has had his 99 corvette into triple digits. When he took his car in the service tech asked him what he was doing going that fast several times in the past couple weeks. Can this be overridden/disconnected or programmed out?
Old 10-06-2002, 09:40 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: big brother black box

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Craig98WS6:
<strong>I am visiting a friend in southern Florida and he has aked me to seek a solution to the "big brother" black box which tells the GM tech that he has had his 99 corvette into triple digits. When he took his car in the service tech asked him what he was doing going that fast several times in the past couple weeks. Can this be overridden/disconnected or programmed out?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If he throws a service engine light it will record engine rpm and vehicle speed and various other things at the time. This is apart of the OBDii system. If they are referring to something else I'd be totally clueless to what they are talking about because I've had my car up to 150 and it went into dealer next day and came back without a problem.

If he's that worried about it he can pull the neg off the battery for 5 mins, It will force a hard reset of the computer and everything in the vehicle, but I don't recommend doing this.