PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Continous Problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2002 | 01:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Default Re: Continous Problem

Have you had the battery checked? Any sign of corrosion on the cables. Also check your alternator cables for a good connection.
Old 10-09-2002 | 08:55 PM
On The Tree

I second that! have that battery/bat cables checked, if not then look towards that alternator
Old 10-09-2002 | 09:16 PM
wrencher

Keep in mind that an automotive alternator is not designed to recharge a dead battery. You have to charge & check it with battery charger.Your alternator will live alot longer too. Once everything is checked & tested make sure the battery has a full charge.
Old 10-10-2002 | 12:30 AM
Teching In

Default Continous Problem

alright i was sitting in traffic for about an hour, then m battery guage started to lower to the red. within 10 min. or so all the power was drained, i got the abs inop light, brake light,etc. this seems to happen once in a while. then, i will jump it and it will run fine until one day it decides to just do it again. also, when i put the car back in neutral it stayed at about 1900 rpm and idled real high. any help?
Old 10-10-2002 | 10:26 PM
TECH Addict

Definitely clean ALL battery cable connections. If it still does it I would suspect the Alternator. The next time you see the volt gauge head south, immediately jump out and start wiggling cables around, including the alternator connections. You might find it this way