PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deleting FRONT O2's!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 08:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm in open loop now and I plan on going back to closed loop once my SD tune is done and I have my VE table dialed in. I want to get the most gas mileage out of my car part throttle so thats why i'm going to go closed loop...as the car at part throttle will try to maintain a stoich(14.63:1 AFR) and at WOT it goes to what I tell it to in the PE based on rpm table. Yes I realize that if I dial the VE table to run a 14.63 or to run any AFR that it will be its efficiency and what I set it to will be close to what it runs....just don't see any sense in not going closed loop at this point. I mean hell if I go closed loop and the LTFT's are crazy and I'm not running stoich at part throttle and idle...then open loop here we come, but the way the car was built it was meant to run off of the o2's...so i'm going to leave it that way

i dont really know about cammed cars and the oxygen sensors being bad at detecting and controlling fuel with the LTFT's and the response of the o2's
Old 02-03-2006, 09:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can stil have it pass emissions. Just set keep the SES enable box checked and set the error code to "no error reported". This should keep the car reporting "complete" for the diagnostic test.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

with larger cams with overlap, the o2s behave very funny at idle and dont want to switch correctly