PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 edit,HPIII, or a Diablo?????

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2002, 02:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 edit,HPIII, or a Diablo?????

prob a dumb question for you edit guru's but i just want to know what worth the investment and whats user friendly.
Old 12-30-2002, 08:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Re: LS1 edit,HPIII, or a Diablo?????

Unfortunately, it goes in this order.

Easies to use ----> Least Powerful

LS1 Edit is very powerful, but the hardest to use.
HPP3 is very weak, but easy to use.

Honestly, just take the leap of faith and get LS1 edit. It does so much more than any other program, and if you have the mod bug like the rest of us do it is only a matter of time before you'll want/need it anyways.

Good Luck,
Kevin
Old 12-30-2002, 11:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah, i kinda figured that edit would be a better investment.
Old 12-31-2002, 03:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thats really the only thing i was worried about, messing something up, but i guess as long as i have people to help me it will be fine.
Old 01-01-2003, 12:35 AM
Staging Lane

I agree with Nogo, if you buy LS1Edit, you will be able to tune your car for any future mods that you put on it. Its a very powerful tuning device, but be careful in how you use it. The old computer saying works here to: "garbage in, garbage out". Ask alot of questions here and work on one table at a time for starters, making small changes followed by scans to check the effect of what you changed.
Old 01-03-2003, 01:50 PM
TECH Resident

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by 99Z28RS:
<strong> prob a dumb question for you edit guru's but i just want to know what worth the investment and whats user friendly. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">IMHO, if your going to be tuning, then what you select to use MUST allow you to do from minor to custom tuning, I see no reason in spending your money for a tuning product that only allows you to do half the tuning due to what it does not allow you to touch or does not allow you to do fine tuning of a function.

That then only leaves LS1edit, you have full control, does not require further costs by having the vendor do custom tuning as those blackbox types do.
I have used and tested all of them and for true custom tuning of how your car functions and long term use only LS1edit will do that.

As for using LS1edit, clearly the more functions it allows you to touch, the more the learning curve but as long as you use common sense you cannot do any harm.

Blackbox tuning products are for those who either so not want to take the time to learn or just want a few basic changes made that the blackbox dictates and not you of what the functions are and how much can you modifiy the functions and if that is what you want then I'd suggest the HPP3 since its been on the market the longest then others that are newer may be vaporware.

Go with LS1edit and start with simple changes and give the PCM time to adapt to those changes before making new tuning decisions as to fuel, air, timing, knock, misfire, etc.

Cost of the tuning equipement should not be number 1 of choice for over long term use a good product becomes real cheap and a lot less hassle to do what you want in your performance tuning.
Old 01-04-2003, 12:45 AM
Staging Lane

The tuning module is junk from what I hear, the Hypertech PPIII is not worth the money (experience). The best from all I heard is the LS1 edit.
I heard the new Preadator by Diablo was promising.
Anyone else hear of this, or know anything about this????