Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did bump stop mod and now Engine Light!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2002, 06:34 PM
Staging Lane

Location: Oklahoma 1000+ posts from LS1.COM and 430+ posts from WWW.COFBA.COM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did bump stop mod and now Engine Light!

Well, I finally decided to do the bump stop mod and now the engine light is on. The first time I used a voltmeter to get the volts to 4.62 V. It says that as long as I am below 4.65 V I should be okay and not set an engine code. So yesterday, I went over to a friend's house that had autotap and we put some jb weld on the place we dremeled off and it read on his autotap 4.5 V. So the codes were cleared and everything was okay.... Wrong. I just got the engine light again. What could be the problem? The codes I got the first time were 0122 and 1416. Also the first time I did it with the voltmeter, we used 20 gauge wires to stick in the TPS. Do you think sticking the wires in there could have messed something up?

Please help!!!
Old 12-30-2002, 09:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Did bump stop mod and now Engine Light!

1416 is Secondary Air Injection (AIR) System Bank 2

0122 is Throttle Position (TP) Sensor Circuit Low Voltage

Find out what code you have now. Might be 1416 again since I assume you haven't addressed that problem.
Old 12-30-2002, 10:36 PM
Pathological Modifier

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you move the TPS sensor? For example loosen the mounting screws? The low voltage code is caused by a lower than normal voltage. Maybe you loosened the set screw for the closed throttle stop?

any way, with the throttle closed the TPS output voltage needs to be greater than 0.6V.

Ryan K.
Old 12-31-2002, 01:40 AM
Staging Lane

Location: Oklahoma 1000+ posts from LS1.COM and 430+ posts from WWW.COFBA.COM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, the only code showing now is the P1416 code. I read that it is my check valves. The light seems to come on for a couple hours and then go off for a couple hours. I have AIR Restrictor Plates in after installing the Macs. Do you think that this is causing the problem. Someone else mentioned that my check valves might be failing. Is this a big problem??? Or is there an easy fix?