I've been playing with tre predator and here are my settings:

Base tune
+25 pressure
-25 shift time
1-2 +1mph
2-3 +1mph
timing set at the full 10%
power enrichment -2.5%

At part throttle in OD cruising I get anywhere from 1-3 deg retard if I lay into the throttle with the converter locked,Im pretty sure this is normal.

If I drive in 3rd and peform the same manuver I get 0-.2-.3 at the most. Since the Predator tunes at WOT these results look pretty good.

My question is should I only test and tune in 3rd gear only for the most accurate results (at the dragstrip runs are usually made in 3rd anyways).

By looking at my results do you think I could lean it out a bit more? The engine seems to run super smooth at WOT on the highway.

Thanks, Chris
Old 01-02-2003, 10:38 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: How are you A4 guys checking KR

I'm getting the same thing in my A4. When my converter locks-up around 40mph and i go to give it gas it makes a lugging sound. Kind of like shifting a stick from 1st to 5th. When i ATAP'd the car i get 3* to 6* of KR. If i give it enough gas to unlock the converter i sometimes get 1* to 2* of KR. It seemed to start when i switched from S2 heads/TR224 setup to my S1heads/216/220 cam setup. I think i need to tune it. It's got Ed Wright tuning in it now. Over the weekend i tried my spare PCM with a different program and it didn't knock as much. I guess the TR cam was so efficient in low rpm's that the engine didn't lug in 4th under lock-up. I'm gonna ask my buddy who ported my heads if he has any ideas.

Den
Old 01-03-2003, 07:41 PM
On The Tree

Sounds pretty much the same as what I am getting. I noticed today while driving up a grade at about 45-50 I was getting some retard but I didn't hear much of anything.
Old 01-06-2003, 09:31 PM
On The Tree

TTT. anybody?