Sponsored by:

LS1/T56 into 67 Firebird

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2003, 01:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS1/T56 into 67 Firebird

Hi,
I'm new to this board and was wondering if anyone can help me find information about installing an LS1/T56 into my 67 Firebird. I bought the LS1/T56 last week and have just started looking at it. The information I need relates to the wiring and sensors etc. I want to use all of my factory gauges from 67. Is there a list somewhere that describes the sensors required and sensors not required? I have the computer but I am missing the rest of the wiring harness that connects to the dash and fuel tank, tranny and other sensors not on the engine itself. I'm sure there are other details that I haven't thought of.

Thanks,
Steve.
Old 01-17-2003, 04:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: LS1/T56 into 67 Firebird

You should be able to use most of the stock gauges. You will need to purchase an adapter for the speedometer as the T56 uses a VSS . I am not sure if the PCM for the LS1 requires a signal from the VSS but I believe it does as the PCM has a top speed limit. You don't say what year/make the LS1 is and there are differences between the years and the controls used. I used a 98 F-body LS1 in my Astro AWD and mated the two wiring harnesses but the instrumentation on the Astro is closer the the LS1 than the 67 is to the LS1. You will need most of the sensors on the LS1 for the PCM to operate the engine properly. The wiring harness from the LS1 car would be the easiest but you can also purchase an aftermarket harness. I think they are around $500US. I would also recommend purchasing LS1-EDIT ($550US) so you can disable unwanted features in the PCM and for tuning. If you wish to send me a PM with your phone number I'll help all I can. I'm here in Ottawa.