Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 402 in 2002 ZO6

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 01:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 402 in 2002 ZO6

I thought I would have my HP Tuner by the time the engine installation was complete. But no. The car runs like crap unless I am using full throttle. The shop does have an older version of LS1 Edit. What are some simple, straight forward LS1 Edit changes I can make from the factory pcm setting that will allow me to use the car until my HPT arrives.

The car has:

SLP 402
AFR 225 65 cc cnc'd heads
1.75" LG long tube headers, TI factory mufflers
228/230 @ .590" 114 lsa, Comp Cam Hyd Roller
Factory injectors, Mass AF sensor, intake, etc. for now

Thanks,

Chuck
Old 02-19-2006, 04:37 PM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Heya Chuck, I am in almost exactly the same boat. I have the SLP ls 402 w/ their AFR head and cam package (about the same cam but more duration 242). I got my install done like a month ago and I ordered the HPTuners software. The next day I got an e-mail asking if I would wait until the 15th to get the new interface. I agreed. The 15th came and went. They are saying that they will ship by this Wednesday. I hhope that it does cause I am dying!

Now, have you hooked up a scanner for some trouble codes? I bought a cam sensor extension from SDPC but it was wired for a standard LS2 motor so the pins were crossed (as they should be) but the SLP LS2 402 does not require that so I pulled the pins out of the connector and switched them around and I got the code to go away. It would not idle with the cam sensor problem which made it do alot of snap-crackle-pop. I turned in the idle screw to were it is idling at 1,100rpm now. Mind you that it is alittle rough but it does drive ok for now and I am putting some easy miles on it. I would not suggest letting the R's go too high as you are almost definetly running lean and could hurt something badly. I think that if you have LS1edit already, you should be able to get it tunned right with that. I don't have ls1edit so I know nothing about it but it is my understanding that you should be able to get the fuel, timing an d idle setup right. I intend on going speed density on mine.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:15 PM
Teching In

Had Synergy take a look at my car. The biggest problem was that the o2 sensores were on backwards. That corrected and a few tweaks by Rick and I have a very smooth running temporary tune until I get the engine broken in. To be safe, he gave me a 4500rpm rev limit. Boy does that come in fast!!

Chuck
Old 02-21-2006, 05:22 PM
Banned

I am in the same boat with HPTuners also. Got the email about the new interface, agreed to wait until the 15th to ship, and still no sign of the software.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:13 PM
Teching In

Looks like the 3 of us are up the same creek! I very close to canceling my HPT order and just have Synergy finish the tune. I like to putz on my cars, but I am very tired of having to wait at so many points along this project. To be fair, HPTuner was only ordered a week ago, so I haven't waited al long as you guys, but I just want this project finished! the only thing keeping me on the list is that I will need to tweak once I install my water/meth injection system and I want to be able to do that on my own time and not have to schedule and make the trip to the tuner to do so.

The car is an absolute sleeper. There is almost nothing to give away the mods. Even the sound at idle is not that much different to attract any attention. Only when I nail the throttle does the exhaust note take on that very special sound. At 70 mph cruise, the inside of the car measures the same db's as it did before the headers and other mods. Only a careful look at the engine will someone see the AFR engraving on the heads. I think I may cover this with silver tape or perhaps a bar code sticker. But man, does this motor pull! I have no doubt that I finally have a car as powerful as my much lamented 69 L88 Vette (483rwhp). And to think I have air conditioning and stereo too!

Chuck
Old 02-21-2006, 06:28 PM
Banned

i am gonna give them another week or so. my heads wont be done till then. i ordered on the 25th of January.
Old 02-22-2006, 07:22 PM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

...................still waiting..