Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

header tuneing question

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 06:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default header tuneing question

well i just installed headers and a offroad y and my question is how rich does a full exhaust make your car run. I have a crane tuner and can adjust the timing by 10% or adjust the fuel curve I just want to know has anyone tuned for headers just using a hand held tuner and what did you exactly do. I was thinking of just increasing the timing but just want to know what everyone thinks. I wish i had hp tuners but i don't have a laptop and dont have the money for both the program and a laptop.

2001 ws6 a4 (slp lid, slp bellow, magnaflo catback, crane tuner, BGRA, pacesetter headers, tsp offroad y, asp pulley, slp strut bar)
Old 02-20-2006, 07:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Roughly, I noticed about a ~2% (down low) to a ~10% (up top) difference in the MAF's airflow between the tune w/ headers and stock tune. For you, the trick will be increasing the fuel just enough down low to avoid positive fuel trims being added to WOT. At the same time, you don't want the top end to be too lean either. Your best bet would be to find someone with a wideband O2 and have at it.