Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEED PROGRAMING FOR NEW CAM

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2003, 08:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NEED PROGRAMING FOR NEW CAM

I JUST ORDERED A CAM 224/224 .581/.581 WONDERING WHICH PROGRAMER YOU RECCOMEND I'VE HEARD THAT IF YOU PURCHASE LS1 EDIT YOU ALSO NEED TO PURCHASE AUTOTAP. THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY REPLIES.
Old 02-17-2003, 09:56 PM
Teching In

Default Re: NEED PROGRAMING FOR NEW CAM

PURCHASING BOTH PROGRAMS WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA THEY ARE VERY HELPFUL
Old 02-17-2003, 09:59 PM
On The Tree

Jessie,

We just dyno tuned a car (99 T/A) this past Saturday with that camshaft and stock heads. I see that you are in Pembroke Pines. We are located in Orlando. The dyno graph for the car we tuned is

http://www.cs-performance.net/Images/T1-DYNO.JPG

It's not shown on this JPG but the A/F ratio was 13.0 across the board.

If we can help you out let us know. If you decide to purchase LS1Edit I would highly recommend getting EFILive V5 Pro over A-Tap. EFILive is much more functional and offers higher data sampling rates than A-Tap does.

Tim

<small>[ February 17, 2003, 10:04 PM: Message edited by: Tim Sloper ]</small>
Old 02-17-2003, 10:13 PM
On The Tree

Tim, thanks for the reply, good to know someone pretty close with experience. I probably be in touch with more questions. I just dynoed the car a very unimpressive 292hp and 301 tq with an air fuel ratio starting at 14 and ending up at 15 at 5700. I have a direct flow lid slp longtubes offroad y-pipe, 160 stat, hpp3, and some free mods. moser 12 bolt 4.11's best et with this set up was 13.1 at 106.8 with a 1.948 60' on drag slicks. Also right before the run check engine light came on and so did ses they ended up reseting themselves. but the ses still comes on sometimes. Any info on what you think could be wrong is greatly appresiated.
Old 02-17-2003, 10:36 PM
On The Tree

Jessie,

I replied to your e-mail. As for the SES light it is hard to speculate as to what might be the problem. I'd definitely try to pull the codes and resolve what ever is wrong before installing the camshaft. Seeing that your A/F ratio is 14 - 15 indicates something is definitely not right. Are you running any type of port MAF or aftermarket ends?

Also, do you know anyone local to you that could throw A-tap or EFILive on your car and pull the codes?

Tim
Old 02-17-2003, 10:49 PM
On The Tree

im trying to find someone with the software but if i dont i will purchase it. Do you think the air fuel ratio hurt my dyno results. if so how much would you estimate.
Old 02-17-2003, 10:59 PM
On The Tree

While 14:1 would not be considered a safe tune it would likely make more power at the upper end than if it were 13:1. 15:1 on the other hand is extremely lean. I would expect your timing advance to be very low which would signficantly hurt power output. A scan tool will tell what is really happening.

Tim