Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which version of ATap to get?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2003, 11:43 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which version of ATap to get?

Hi everyone I am new to the car world but have always been an F-body fan. I am also new to this site but am really impressed with the knowledge of everyone here. I have noticed alot of people on here run ATap and I was wonderin which version of ATap is good for a car that is stock for now but will later be equiped with boltons and a H/C package among other things. Which version do you guys run and which one would be the best for me is my question the generic parameters, enhanced, EFIlive standard, or the EFI bidirectional.
Thanks, Malcom

<small>[ February 27, 2003, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: Red346 ]</small>
Old 02-27-2003, 02:38 PM
Staging Lane

Default Re: Which version of ATap to get?

I use EFI Live Pro. I got it on a GP for about the same price as Autotap. It logs faster than Autotap but only works on a LS1 cars vs Autotap working on all GM's.
Old 03-02-2003, 06:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

I use AT123, which is the GM enhanced version. It works well, but same as most everyone else, it has connection problems, because they use a 9 pin serial connection to a USB, and it is buggy. I sometimes have to spend 10 minutes or more trying to re boot, re open software, etc., to get it to connect. I have a Keyspan adapter, which is the only one I could get to work. It wouldn't connect at all using a regular Belkin cable. I am running XP Home, on a 1105 Toshiba sattelite laptop, 1.4 Celeron, 256 ram. I also got an invertor, because my screen gets dark fast, due to the battery going down quickly.
Old 03-02-2003, 07:51 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks for the info guys. I was really confused about all the different versions out there.
Old 03-08-2003, 12:37 AM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Guys, I'm also trying to decide which versin to order. Is the enhanced version worth the extra $90?