PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

HPTuners (after stall)

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006 | 06:47 AM
11 Second Club

Default HPTuners (after stall)

Hello.. I will be sending my stall off to be redone and restalled to 3800.. My local tuner is a hell of a nice guy but I dont know how much he knows about tuning after a stall.. as far as the shifting, TC lockup and all that.. I know jimmyblue is very knowledgeable in this regard and several others.. I was wondering if anyone would care to "share" how they tuned with their auto w/stall?? If it matters at all the car is a 98, 2:73's, minor bolt-on's.. I just know I have read alot that you can make the car alot more street friendly with tuning work and as far as I know all he did was raise my rev limiter to 6500 to avoid hitting it, and deleted TQ managment all together..When the tranny was rebuilt they "recalibrated" the valve body, whatever that means.. the car shifts pretty firmly now and my local tuner said he didnt want to increase the line pressure since it was already shifting firmly enough... can you run too much pressure?? sorry for the ignorance but I pay him to do it since I am ignorant in this kinda thing Thanks to anyone that could be of assistance..