PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Readiness Monitors for inspection

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 09:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Readiness Monitors for inspection

There is really very, very little I could find about this subject. I guess many people don't have this problem.

So there's those 11 "Readiness Monitors" for the OBDII test that my state(Delaware) requires to get through inspection. Every time I try to go through inspection, three of them read "Not Ready" and I fail as a result. These three are: Heated O2 Sensor, Catalyst, and EVAP System.

I tried to pass back in June 2005. It failed for a variety of reasons - tint, illegal side markers, exhaust too loud, and OBDII status.

I fixed everything and spent lots and lots of money, and finally tried again on 2/17. Everything passed, except for the three "Not Ready"s on the OBDII test. They gave me a 30 day temp tag, and explained the Readiness Monitor thing - how it takes a small amount of time for each of the monitors to be "Ready" again - like 50 to 100 miles. They told me to come back next week and try it.

I put 500 miles on the car that weekend and tried again on Tuesday. It came back the same - three "Not Ready" monitors, so I failed again. The tech person didn't have any help or advice for me, he said normally it only takes a couple miles.

Can anybody help out with these three readiness monitors that I continue to fail? There are no SES codes or anything, I have no idea what's wrong. I've put a lot of money into fixing this car and getting it to pass inspection, and this is the last obstacle. I have heard about the drive cycle for getting the monitors to be ready, but I don't have any place around here to complete that. Plus, after 600 miles now, I think it's had to have completed some sort of drive cycle .

Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:05 AM
FormerVendor

do you have a tuning package with a file i can look at to get the to complete immedately?
Old 02-25-2006, 10:41 AM

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you were asking there. The tune is done by my mechanic with LS1 Edit. When I first got the car back before going through inspection on 2/17, it threw codes p0172 and p0175 for being too rich. He leaned it out a bit and we agreed to disable the two codes(turn their status off so they can't come on) for a couple days time just incase they popped up when I tried to go through inspection.
Old 02-26-2006, 04:06 PM

Bump..anyone have any help?
Old 02-26-2006, 04:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well shoot, the GM driving cycle at www.obdii.com is supposed to work, but putting all those miles on the car should too. You didn't reset the PCM/have the batterty out just before going to inspection? Once power is lost the tests start all over. Just guessing...and it's my understanding you don't need to follow the drive cycle exactly. Wish I knew the answer...

Quick Reply: Readiness Monitors for inspection