Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help with idleing problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2003, 10:39 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help with idleing problem

I posted this question a few days ago but I cant seem to resolve this problem I am having with my 99 SS M6. I changed the t-stat to a 160 and ever since then, when the car is cold and only cold, I start it and it idle goes up and down, and the temp gauge flickers. Once the car is warmed up to normal temp it's fine.

I had removed the egr and air and turned off all those codes, also turned off the codes for the 02's and changed the fan temps using ls1edit. I just re-programmed the car back to normal and its still doing it. I also changed the coolant sensor in the drivers side head. I thought this is far fetched, but I changed the tranny mount to a poly one.

Does anyone have any thoughts that could help me?? Could the computer gone bad??? The temp gauge never used to flicker up and down before the stat. I also checked all the plugs, the air box one, maf, the 2 on the throttle body. Any ideads please????? thanks
Old 03-29-2003, 02:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Need Help with idleing problem

Yikes - a little confusing - did you do all the other stuff before and it was OK until you changed the thermostat?

Do you have auto tap - can you scan it?

Did you reset the PCM?
Old 03-29-2003, 03:00 PM
Staging Lane

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by DaddySS:
<strong> Yikes - a little confusing - did you do all the other stuff before and it was OK until you changed the thermostat?

Do you have auto tap - can you scan it?

Did you reset the PCM? </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yes I have auto-tap....And I checked everything...

Yes I tryed to reset the PCM like 3 times.
Old 03-30-2003, 10:55 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Did you make sure you got all the air out of the coolant system? Mine gave me fits until all the air was out. It's hard to read that coolant level dipstick! Andy