Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

quick question about efilive and VE's

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 08:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quick question about efilive and VE's

ok guys i am looking into VEs and how they work, etc. and right now i am kind of stumped...maybe even treading down the wrong path...

ok i have looked at the FAQ..but that seems gibberish in comparison to what i see on EFI live.

ok now onto what i am seeing/understanding

in the Datalogger i have a specific point highlighted...

RPM=6227
MAP=94kPa
MAf=280.35g/sec
ECT=93C
IAT=17C

ok now with this data...in my tuner in the Main VE table i get a highlighted value of....62.9. It is at RPM=6400 and MAP=30?? i dont understand why it is saying map =30...

It also says that G/cyl=VE*MAP/charge temp...
but i cant seem to get any type of calculation to come close to this value.

why is that Tuner at a point that the Logger is not?

Anyways any info would be great.

Thanks
Louie
Old 03-01-2006, 08:47 PM
TECH Addict

Try the forums over at www.efilive.com. You might get a faster response.

My input based on what I may or may not know about EFILive is:

1 - If you know the MAP reading and the RPMs, just go to that cell.
2nd - What was the point directly after that reading? The MAP doesn't drop to 27.5~32.5 by any chance, does it?
3rd - The cells in EFI Live register as a mid-point. If you are within 6201rpms and 6600 rpms, the 6400rpm cell will light up.
4 - If you're looking at changing the VE, why do you have the MAF still hooked up? You do know if the MAF is still enabled, it's the main place the PCM is looking to make fueling calculations - not the VE.
Old 03-01-2006, 08:56 PM
TECH Resident

...the MAP does not ever drop off anytime soon thereafter....plus all the previous readings come with similar results.

i understand the midpoint...point....lol

as of right now i am just playing around trying to better understand everything..i have a pcm here with a custom OS on it for SD and i will soon be switching to that to learn as soon as my WBo2 gets here.

As of right now i am really just trying to grasp the learning curve of everything...and i figured i would start with VE.

Thanks
Louie
Old 03-02-2006, 04:29 AM
Restricted User

Looks like you have the MAP in inHg in the Scan Tool and kPa in the Tuning Tool. 95kPa is about 30inHg. To fix the problem you need to have MAP in both tools displayed as either both metric or both imperial, not a mixture of the two.

Important: it does not matter what the units of the MAP PID are in the charts or other dash gauges, the units that are linked to the Tuning Tool are defined on the [Data (F8)] tab page only.

In the Scan Tool the units of the PID that are linked to the tuning tool are defined in the [PIDs (F8)] tab page. Right click on the MAP PID and select Metric. That change will effect how the value is displayed in the [Data (F9)] tab page only - it will not effect the dashboard items.
OR
Change the Tuning Tool to display inHg. In the Tuning Tool open the menu option Edit->Configure display units, find the VE table entry (B0101), right click on it and select Column label units->Imperial.

Regards
Paul
Old 03-02-2006, 09:08 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by EFILive
Looks like you have the MAP in inHg in the Scan Tool and kPa in the Tuning Tool. 95kPa is about 30inHg. To fix the problem you need to have MAP in both tools displayed as either both metric or both imperial, not a mixture of the two.

Important: it does not matter what the units of the MAP PID are in the charts or other dash gauges, the units that are linked to the Tuning Tool are defined on the [Data (F8)] tab page only.

In the Scan Tool the units of the PID that are linked to the tuning tool are defined in the [PIDs (F8)] tab page. Right click on the MAP PID and select Metric. That change will effect how the value is displayed in the [Data (F9)] tab page only - it will not effect the dashboard items.
OR
Change the Tuning Tool to display inHg. In the Tuning Tool open the menu option Edit->Configure display units, find the VE table entry (B0101), right click on it and select Column label units->Imperial.

Regards
Paul

Well that lined everything up....in my dashboard it was showing kPa, but in the data screen it was just like you said...in inhg.

Thanks!

another thing i am curious about right now...is what is grams/cylinder...i figure it is amount of air in grams per cylinder...lol but how is it found...etc?

Thanks
Louie

Quick Reply: quick question about efilive and VE's