PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Switching LT to LS

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006 | 07:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Switching LT to LS

Hey guys im sellin the LT1 and putting either a LS6 or LS2 in its place and i have a few questions about the PCM and stuff. Is there an aftermarket fuel/ignition management system to go with aftermarket fuel injection/ignition system or should i go with the LS computer and wiring harness. What are the advantages/disadvantages?
Old 03-07-2006 | 05:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Ttt?????
Old 03-07-2006 | 09:28 AM
DPS
Teching In

Now that EFILive offers real time tuning (LS1 only) there aren't too many advantages to going to an aftermarket ECU other than having added features like programmable inputs (wideband 02, EGTs, etc..). I would remove the MAF and tune it like it was a speed density car. Of course none of these things matter if you plan on leaving the motor stock.
Old 03-07-2006 | 04:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Na i plan on, runnin Lunati 4.00 crank, Lunati Pro Mod Connecting rods, forged pistons, not too sure on what cam yet and some LS6 Stage 3 Ported heads with a FAST Intake manifold and 90mm TB, Kooks or QTP 1 3/4 LT Headers, and a custom Exhaust. I also plan on runnin a 200-250 shot of nitrous. So that pretty much sums up the motor. So your suggesting EFI Live and Stock PCM?
Old 03-07-2006 | 04:47 PM
DPS
Teching In

What do you plan on using for nitrous control? If the old fashioned way (arming switch and throttle position activator) is what you're thinking than EFILive will be fine. If you want your ECU to have total control of the system (which is pretty sweet) then you'll probably have to go with an aftermarket unit. Sounds like a fun project. You may want to contact EFILive about programming a stock PCM for nitrous control. I've been wrong before. Just once though. I'm still leaning towards EFILive. Pretty good bang for the buck.
Old 03-07-2006 | 05:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah ima have to give them a call and ask. I was gonna use a window switch and All the necessary goodies (wanna be safe). Ill have to contact them and ask. Ill letcha know there answer, just so you know for next time.