Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Would Cause......

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 04:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default What Would Cause......

my trip to reset every single time you turn the car off? all of my grounds are good. battery is in the back with a bolt welded to the "frame". the ground up front which use to be connected to the battery is good. the two little grounds on the rad. support area are good. and the ones on the back of the head are good. so what else could it be? the ground on the drivers side near the motor mount is good. but it does touch some other components though. its that bare ground strap, like a flat braided hose. what could the problem be. any help would be great.

also some times when you go to start the car the shiftlight doesnt always flash. its supposed to, or so i thought to flash on everytime you turn the key.
Old 03-14-2006, 04:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ght=Trip+Reset

Not sure of the resolution, but seem to be the same replies when this question is asked (never experienced in my car so not sure how to troubleshoot it)
Old 03-14-2006, 05:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

mine is a 98? would that matter. and i do have the battery relocated to the back its one of those little race batteries. this sucks everytime i get ahead it seems i have to take a step back. running 2/0 or something welding cable and i alway get a good charge. so should i charge that litte battery up or what or would that even help? this is really pissing me off i hate for things not to be working right
Old 03-15-2006, 01:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How about using a set of battery cables and adding a second battery to the front of the vehice to make sure that the voltage isnt dropping and causing it to reset the trip? Just a guess.
Old 03-15-2006, 05:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KAOS
its one of those little race batteries.
I think thats the culprit. This happens on mine to (its a 1999).
i had this problem Before i had my little race battery, i replaced my batter with a new fulsize one and it went away (battery was going bad). i then switched to a small race battery, it came back. i think thats the culprit, but not a 100%.
It is an anoying pain, try putting a fulsize on it and see if it stops.
Old 03-15-2006, 07:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

mines a 98, battery in back, genesis battery too. does it every time since longer than i can remember

figured i unhooked something or killed some part of the dash during all the work to the car.

if you find out lemme know!
Old 03-15-2006, 02:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

will do. this really pisses me off. i would like to kee that little battery but man i cant stand stuff like that. i will have to figure it out. MM i will let you know if anything comes of it