PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Gen 7 pro's NEED HELP !

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006 | 10:15 AM
TECH Regular

Question Gen 7 pro's NEED HELP !

I have a 95 T/A installing Gen 7 with the fasttrack kit..and the dual sync, i have the Accel Y cam/crank wire plug & play..

I am lost on what to do with the wires from the GEN 7 box, to the 8 pin Y plug (accel) and then with the wires coming out of the dual sync...

Any help would be great

thanks
Old 03-19-2006 | 11:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm confused, maybe I do not understand the question, your '95' is an LT1 engine that does not use a distributor, right? A "dual sync" is normally an Accel distributor with a crk and cam signal. Why/how are we trying to install this distributor on an LT1 engine?
Old 03-19-2006 | 11:04 AM
TECH Regular

To get rid of the opti.....
Old 03-19-2006 | 11:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

OK, now I understand. I'm familiar with the Gen VII but not with the Fastrack used in this application so I may be of limited help here, but I'll try. The dual sync should have two 2 pin plugs that normally plug into a dual sync adaptor harness. I suspect that you are missing this harness. This adaptor harness plugs into the 8 pin plug that you mentioned, make sense? Without it you could cut and splice (hard wire it) with the aid of the Gen VII's "help menu" wiring diagrams. Once you establish which distr wire is cam and crk and polarity, you basically need to get it back to the Gen VII's associated wires in the main plug. Do you have some sort of TDC indicator to statically dial in your distr once you install it?