Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spark correction tables...

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 09:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Spark correction tables...

I remember reading somewhere to zero out the IAT and ECT spark correction tables but now I can find it to get any reasoning. Is anyone doing this? Any other spart correction tables to zero out?

Thanks!
Old 03-23-2006, 11:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the idea was to eliminate outside variables that can alter your timing. Personally, I'd leave them or make minor changes at most. Higher intake temps tend to invite detonation when you don't retard the timing slightly.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:09 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SSpdDmon
I think the idea was to eliminate outside variables that can alter your timing. Personally, I'd leave them or make minor changes at most. Higher intake temps tend to invite detonation when you don't retard the timing slightly.
I agree with Spddmon.
Old 03-24-2006, 05:04 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds good. Maybe I misread somewhere that someone was doing this. I have another question though if someone could help.

I have been tuning my idle on the new 408 and note that currently my WB sensor isnt working right. My idle starts up great and finds a crisp idle at 1000 rpms. Steady for about 10 seconds and then it hunts for 10 seconds, steady for 60 seconds and then hunts for 10 seconds, then steady till it hits closed loop operation and its great from there on out.

I cant really say how it is fueling wise since my WB isnt working and trims have not kicked in yet. I have not messed with spark yet. Should I start manipulating those values?

Thanks
Old 03-24-2006, 05:24 AM
11 Second Club

Burst knock can also be setup prevent real knock in many situations.
The extra tables are a good feature of our cars engine management system that we should maximally use.