PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help with my VE Table. Please look inside!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 09:04 AM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Spenser309
Before i go insane why do you speak of Injector Flow Rate and IFR tables as two different things???? Are they? I've gone through every table in EFILive and I can not find it? What is IFR if not Injector Flow Rate? Simple Question, come on need answer because right now im really confused, it literally would change my whole understanding of tuning if this is true.
Sorry, I was thinking IAF not IFR. Didn't mean to turn your world upside down.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:32 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by SMOKINV8
Your impression is wrong about fueling. If the MAF is disconnected, the VE is what is referenced for fueling values. The PE is just the table that determines how much more fuel is added at various RPM ranges, aka it determines your commanded AFR while you're in PE mode (WOT, or at least heavy throttle). If your VE table is too low, you're going to be leaner than commanded.
Gotcha. I will keep that in mind and try to get my entire VE table in line. One thing though is that when I scan the VE table, all of my values in higher RPM's are 0 when I have taken it over 4K.
Old 04-04-2006, 01:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe the "puddle" you're mentioning might be due to the narrowbands reading rich at idle due to the overlap/LSA of our cams. I don't know this for certain, but it would certainly make sense. My car is just a H/C car with stock cubes.

As far as cells over 4k reading 0, that's because you're entering PE mode. RHS told me several times its possible to hit all the cells (even at higher RPM) without entering PE, but I couldn't do it. Your alternatives are to either disable PE (not necessarily safe) or get a wideband. I tune mine with a wideband.
Old 04-05-2006, 04:57 PM
Restricted User

OK I got it dialed in pretty good but my cells at 65 x .8 and 65 x 1.2 are still reading -6 to -9. If I drop it more, it starts to run like ***. I guess I just leave it as that is where I idle.