Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about HP tuners credit system

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 11:05 AM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Question about HP tuners credit system

Please excuse me if i didn't find this using the "search" feature but I have a question regarding HP's credits. Say i purchase HP and want to add two cars "only"-not 2 years but 2 cars. So that would cost me 4 credits-say down the road I wanted to convert those 2 cars to 2 years? Would that be an additional 12 credits? So say i picked a 02 Vette and a 02 Camaro-then later i wanted to be able to do all 02 vettes and all 02 Camaro's? Thanks and also what is the turn around time right now when ordering a brand new MPVI set up?
Old 04-13-2006, 11:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.hptuners.com/credit_faq.html explains alot of it

Let's take for example... that you tune 2 02 y-body's , that's 4 credits towards it... now you want to upgrade to unlimited 02 y-bodies,

So when you connect to your 3rd 02 y-body, the program prompts you , do you want to license a single PCM for 2 more credits, OR do you want to change to unlimited... it will use 75% of your applicable credits towards the upgrade... so you've already used 4 credits, so for 3 credits (75% of 4 is 3, 6-3 = 3) you can choose unlimited, or you can continue to do PCM locked for 2 credits

Basically, as you use the credits they count towards the next highest licensing option...

In your example... you have 2 credits for an 02 F-Body, and 2 for an 02 Y-Body ... so that gives you 1 upgrade credit each, so it'd then be 5 credits each to change to unlimited so 10 total (it's always cheaper to choose the higher level licensing up front... but this new model is nice because it gives people that don't want to use up 6 credits for unlimited the option of tuning more single vehicles)

Quick Reply: Question about HP tuners credit system