Old 04-30-2006, 11:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats correct
Old 04-30-2006, 11:12 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nokeman
So If I was gonna mine to someone, what would I have to do to get it so it could work on thier car?? Just put all options back to stock?
I believe it needs to be from the same year model car as well, but I'm not positive.
Old 04-30-2006, 11:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
I believe it needs to be from the same year model car as well, but I'm not positive.
that is some what correct I beleive 98 has its own as well as 99 and 02 but 00 and 01 are the same.
Old 05-01-2006, 05:04 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HyperTech is way overpriced for what it does. That may not been true 5 years ago, but these days a handheld box that is "LOCKED" as HyperTech is seems obsolete. Look at Flashscan. It's a tuner and scan tool in one. You'll need a laptop, but most people who are considering reflashing their own PCM already have a laptop at home.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:55 PM
On The Tree

true but if you already have one why not use it
Old 07-07-2006, 03:17 PM
Teching In

Default I know why . . .

Originally Posted by SDMForever
true but if you already have one why not use it

Hypertech has changed my LT 1 into a Vette with transmission problems that can't seem to be fixed.

I no longer have any engine braking and can no longer down shift to use engine braking. I have installed and reinstalled Hypertech repeatedly with many different results. Once I no longer had a cooling fan. Sometimes I have a two speed transmission (2nd gear if you start in 1 and third gear in drive - or just third gear if you start in drive). Something like an old Buick slush-o-matic in the 50s.

Presently, I have it programed back to stock - but . . . it still has no engine braking and just coasts in any gear when you lift off the gas. You dare not downshift because it will makes a terrible grinding noise.

The local Atlas transmission shop says that the transmission itself has absolutely nothing wrong physically but the computer is saying the transmission is in gear while the engine says it isn't (whatever exactly that means). They said they couldn't fix it and something about not touching it with a ten foot pole! The local electrical expert repair shop can get no reading at all off the diagnostioc connection. Basically I am stuck with either hearing back from Hypertech for a fix (hasn't happened yet - I will keep you posted if they ever respond) or going to the dreaded dealership for costly repairs (attempts).

IF anyone in here has any words of wisdom other than to smash the Hypertech unit please respond.

By the way - don't toss the unit. Put it on ebay and let someone pay you a hundred bucks to inherit it.

Gary - Palm Beaches
My email - help if u can!

Last edited by ggeiser; 07-07-2006 at 03:29 PM.

Quick Reply: Hypertech Problems!