PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is there a minimum pulse width for injectors in general?

Old 05-28-2006, 06:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there a minimum pulse width for injectors in general?

I just put in some 42lb SVO green top injectors. Used RedHardSupras excel file to get new flow rates (43.5 psi, 42lb rating).

My idle injector pulse width is right around 2.5 ms. Minimum pulse width in the bin file is 1.277. Am I OK with this? I have seen that some people go all the way down to 1.0 ms pulse width. Just want a little reassurance.

Also, you may ask why such big injectors. Future plans call for heads and a dry shot. I just wanted to get the injectors in and running good before adding more variables.
Old 05-28-2006, 06:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i usually set the minimum and default pluse widths to 1.0 and so far no problems.
i was just tuning a F10+mac mids car, and it at 850rpm it used to idle with 50-52kPa MAP. after playing A LOT with spark, i got it down to 45-47kPa, and much less jumping around spark-wise. it idles smoother, and the idle pulse width dropped from 2.3 to 2.0-2.1ms. the idle was decent before, it's really nice now. so if you're interested in dropping it farther down, up the idle spark table and the regular spark table but in the idle range to about 30-34 and you should.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Is there a minimum pulse width for injectors in general?